Monday, February 18, 2013

The Unexpected

It pays off to go to church; of course in more ways than one.  But yesterday when we went to church we saw there was to be a concert that night of one of our favorite southern gospel families....a free concert.  We went to the concert and thoroughly enjoyed it.  The church's praise team also played some country music at the beginning and end; boy were they good.  
The only thing is, I didn't bring my cowboy boots, rhinestone belt buckle and sparkly jeans.  Afterward, I bought Sheri's book on her struggle with breast cancer and I talked to her and she signed the book for me.  I LOVE signed books and talking to her was an extra kiss on the cheek from God.
  It was cold last night with that north wind still a blowing.  We were glad to get back to the condo and turn the heat on.  Crazy weather!
Uncle Buck's nieces came for a visit for a few days.  His niece from Chicago came with the kids and his niece here is on winter break.  So that is nice uncle Buck will have some company.  He has been lonely since his wife died. I understand his sister might join the group and let me tell you, there will be a partay!! There will be lots of laughter.

What a fun night



The pictures are a little blurred even though we had close-up seats, it was a little dark

That is their 19  year-old daughter
Their 7 year-old daughter even got in the act

1 comment: