Friday, February 22, 2013

More of the Same.....

I am trying to think about a clever blog to write, but we have been so laid back this week, there is nothing new to write.
It has been warm and sunny and it looks like things might change in the weather Sunday and a cold front moves in which puts us in the upper 60's next week.  So I am sure we will venture out then.  Everyone needs some down time and this week certainly has been that.  So, Friday's list includes:

*A walk on the beach every morning
*A swim in the pool
*Reading by the pool (except, I am having trouble finding a good book to read; one that really sucks me in-you know what I mean?)
*playing scrabble by the pool
*out to eat Wednesday night (Crabby Bills; I had Grouper cheeks-there are supposed to by the fillet mignon of Grouper) They were little round medallions and were very good, even though I thought it was a little weird to be eating grouper cheeks.  Who eats the cheeks of a fish?? Who knew grouper had cheeks?? 
*A trip to the library which has a marvelous view of the ocean 
*A little TV at night 
*And a very early bedtime; it must be all the fresh air.  
*I am not sunburned and I am just picking up a little color.  The sun is HOT and INTENSE.  We usually find the shade. 

That's the summary of our first week.  I can't believe how fast it went by.  

And a little p.s.  We went to Beall's Outlet on Tuesday and I got two pair of Capri pants which I needed, 2 tops, a beautiful bathing suit cover that could double as a long blouse and a purse.  I also walked to the little beach store down the road and bought some tattoos to send the kids and a tank top cover up.  That was the extent of my shopping, which is quite a bit in one week.

Now, I HAVE to find a good book.  What was the highlight of your week?


1 comment:

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Sounds like things are going swimmingly! Your purchases sound so good!

Barb just told me about a good book last night and it was the same one my friend The Saint has been telling me about for a while, Island of Saints by Andy Andrews. They both said it was REALLY good. I read The Lost Choice by him and liked that too.

I think I am going to reread The Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers. They were the first Christian books I had ever read about 16 years ago. SO good.

Have fun, doing nothing on vacation is a requirement!!

Oh, by the way, did you get Words With Friends on your ipod?