Thursday, February 28, 2013

Florida Sun Times

It's was 6:00 a.m. and I saw a shadow down by the inter-coastal. I wondered if it was a bush, because it was so still.  And then I saw a hand move to the mouth and realized it was a woman smoking.  All I thought was "What a waste of a beautiful sunrise and fresh air."  

We did our usual walk on the beach this morning down to the pier; picking up sea shells as we walk; no easy fete to keep your pace up at the same time.  There have been slim pickins for the shells except for cat paws.  That's what I call them anyway.  They are spiny on the top.  I don't know if that is the official name of them or just something I made up.  
I did find a scallop today which are my favorite shells. 

The weather is cooling down for the weekend, but will be 73 today and partly sunny.  We are thinking of going to Desoto Park; we have heard there are good shells there.

Pictures?? probably tomorrows blog :)

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I'm trying to find the name of those shells on the internet. having a hard time