Friday, September 14, 2012

Prime Time

Well, here it is September already and the good news is that I think I am on the road to recovery because I am feeling better.  I still have to watch what I eat, but my stomach is a lot better.  
The doctor has added an "off label" medication for the depression and it seems to be working.  An off label medication is one whose primary function is to treat something else, but sometimes they find it helps treat another condition.  I am on Neurontin which is an anti-seizure medication, but they find it improves the mood for some people.  It is also used for shingles.  I used it once about 2 years ago when I had a shingles-like reaction to a procedure they did in my neck for my headaches.  I used it for a year and I remember telling Don that I felt better; not that I felt bad at that point.  I gradually went off of it and I honestly think that is when my mood problems first started.  
The Lord has led me down a long winding path for reasons He only knows. But I am hoping to be able to help others with the lessons I have learned.
I am not quite ready for "Prime Time" activities yet.  As much as I would like to get back into the swing of things, I must take it slow and rest.  The medication makes me kind of sleepy for now, that will get better as time goes on.  
Meanwhile I will set smaller goals and enjoy God's peace.  I am so thankful for an understanding husband and friends and family. And I am so happy to be feeling better.  

6 comments:

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

I am so glad to read this!!! We missed you Saturday night but are looking forward to your re-debut! Praying things continue on this good path!

Kathy said...

:)!!

Magnoliawhispers said...

I am not sure I think the Lord led you down this path, but He allowed it and walked beside you, and will use it for your good and for His glory.

"All things work together for good to those who love God and are called according to His purpose."

Unknown said...

If I didn't choose this path, which I didn't, it was God who did since I have not been out of fellowship with Him. It is the only thing that keeps me going through these ups and downs.

Magnoliawhispers said...

I still don't understand this stuff, because God isn't the author of sickness and death, sin is, and God allows sin and tragedies to His people, and He brings it to the faithful and to prune and grow us more to the image of Christ, and I have to choose to give Him glory through it. But He knows the number of our days and knows our frame. Just thinking and processing this outloud. He is sovereign and knows the end from the beginning so I shouldn't think too much about it:)

Unknown said...

I've been told not to "over-think" things. This would fall under that category :)