Friday, September 21, 2012

Friday's List

It is kind of hard to be cute and clever when you are making a list.  It comes off sometimes as just a plain old "to do" list....or a "here's what's happening" list.  

*My depression has been kind of up and down this week.  It seems I don't have as many good days as I would like.  The hardest thing for me to do is go places and socialize. I don't know what I am going to be like any given day of the week which for me is the hardest thing to deal with.  I can't make plans too far ahead; I am learning I have to be more spontaneous which doesn't always work in life.  I understand that. My emotions are worn on my sleeve; I was always that kind of person-just more so now.  

*It seems like fall just moved in and shoved summer right out of the way.  The trees are changing just a little bit and the temps look like they are only going to be in the 60's all week with a soggy weekend.  You know it's coming; but it is just a shock when it does come.

*I am still swimming three or four days a week; more like every other day. Today was a swimming day.

*The one really good day I had this week I went shopping at my favorite store-Parisian.  I haven't been there since spring.  I had a bunch of 25% off coupons because they are having their "Goodwill" sale now.  You get a coupon off for every used item of clothing you bring in. As I looked at the piles of bags people brought in, I thought of Capri K who would LOVE to go through those bags of clothes.  I am sure she could find some great clothes. 

*I am finishing up the book "Sarai: A Novel" (Wives of the Patriarchs) by Jill Eileen Smith.  I had just finished the three books about the Wives of David.  I would highly recommend these books; they are really good.  They should be read in order.  The Wives of the Patriarchs is a new series with the next book coming out in February.  It will be hard to wait that long. You can get them at the library as both my daughters did.  

*My sister-in-law's mother died this week and we will be going to the visitation today and the funeral tomorrow along with the cemetery in Royal Oak and the luncheon at a restaurant after. I am hoping I can make all that. It is always a hard thing to lose anyone, but especially your mother.  My sister-in-law took very good care of her mother and dad (her dad died 3 years ago). I know she will really miss her sweet mom.

*Cleaning the house beckons me; somehow I manage to put it off everyday.  Don does most of the hard stuff, but I dust and do all the little things like the kitchen counters and piles of this and that. I realize I am very lucky that the chef cleans as well as cooks.  Although I did make my famous "chicken packets" the other night.

That's the end of my list; hope you're not yawning with crossed eyes.  

4 comments:

Magnoliawhispers said...

Find something fun to do everyday, don't know what that would be, but something little goal to look forward to, a small outing, a tiny treat, a tiny cleaning task that gives you a feeling of satisfaction and then write it down on your list of happy things for the day. Just a suggestion. Anyways, I just finished the book Sarai and just ordered the other 3~

Unknown said...

Thanks. Make sure you read the 3 books in order. You will not be able to put them down :)

Magnoliawhispers said...

oh dear I am not reading them in order... reading the Abagail one that I got in the mail first because I couldn't wait for the others.

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

I personally LIKE a good list!

I just finished On The Corner Of Bitter And Sweet, on you reccomendation. It was very sweet and touching.

Oh YES, I would have loved pawing through all those clothes! Hope you found some good deals!

I will write those books on my library list.