Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Way Back Wednesday

The last time ever!  Really, I mean it. Back in August, starting on a Wednesday, we had our LAST GARAGE SALE EVER!  I can't begin to explain my feelings on this subject.  The work of it is only half the battle.  It's the people....interesting....strange....rude....nice...people wanted something for nothing.  And after four days of it you are done with it. D-O-N-E.  We made some decent bucks, and I guess in the end I would say it was worth it. We sold a lot of toys and baby things. But all the petty annoyances...people parking all over your street, almost hitting your mailbox and smoking a cigar in your face...all that, is what makes me say never again. This old garage has seen many sales, dating back to the first one when my mom sold my tiny tears doll.  However, never say never.  I have said it before and the signs are back in the attic of the garage.  But don't get any ideas!
 
                                             Setting up; Karen didn't leave me much room here :)
                            Now Magnolia, don't be enlarging these pictures to see what you missed :)
                                                                      Lot's of jewelry
                                                     ....And lots of books
                                                               Let's look like we're having fun
                                                    A multitude of toys to be had!
                                                    Luckily, Karen was the cashier
                                    I think all these old cabbage patch dolls and stuffed animals sold
Cleaning up the left-overs

3 comments:

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

WOW! It loooks like I would have liked to come to this garage sale!!!
They are a lot of work. We have not had one since we moved to this house, 14 years now!

Good job! I'll bet your house seems dejunked!

Magnoliawhispers said...

I did not see a knick knack table or a Billy The Bass, haha

Kathy said...

I would have bought the puzzles........ :(