Thursday, August 30, 2012

Winding Road





                                                       

Thank you all for your words of encouragement and understanding.  Today is a good day so far; yesterday wasn't.  That is the part I don't get; why the path is so winding. I never know how I am going to feel from one day to the next.  But I am very thankful for the good days.  It's hard to believe it is the end of August.  I honestly don't know where the summer went and I am sure many of you feel the same way.  
One thing I did do this summer was go see my dad up north.  I was so happy to be able to go.  We spent two days and one night in Petoskey.  We had lunch with our good friends Bill and Betty who have a condo near my dad.  We saw my dad twice and he enjoyed our visit so much. It was so hard to say goodbye to him; he got tears in his eyes and hugged me for so long.  It is hard when your dad becomes child-like and you become parent-like.  I am so glad he knows who we are and he loves to talk about past memories.  
I am hoping to see him again this fall; I must get better!!!  There is so much I want to do.  I am thanking God for another good day.  Yesterday is in the past. 

4 comments:

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Glad you had a good visit!
Thanking God with you for the good days!

Magnoliawhispers said...

It is a good thing you don't feel bad everyday, that is unbearable.

Kathy said...

Great pics! More good days to come!

Karin said...

His mercies are new every morning! May His love and joy and strength flow freely to you and from you as He heals you!

Lovely photo and good memories!