Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Way Back When-sday: Circa 1957

             My dad had a light blue Buick: a nice car!


I am nine years old in this picture and am the second to the right.  There were only four of us then, and we used to vacation in Canada at Wasaga Beach near Colllingwood, Ontario and the Blue Mountains.  We rented a cute little cottages on Lake Huron.  The girl on my right is my second cousin Patsy and she lived nearby and would visit us for a couple of days. She was 2 years older than me. She is related to my grandma's side of the family who were all born in Canada.  I loved this vacation; it was so much fun and so much to do.  The mountains were not all built up back then and we could climb to the highest spot and look through a telescope and see for miles.  
Several years ago Donaldo and I went to Collingwood, the mountains and the beach and didn't recognize a thing.  It is big ski area now and all the little cottages are long gone.
I have been looking for my cousin Patsy and a year ago in Florida I met someone from her hometown who knew her.  She was going to get back to me; we exchanged emails and everything.  I can't find her email and perhaps she lost mine, but after seeing this picture I am going to renew my effort to find her name and email.  
It's nice to remember fun summer vacations when you were a kid!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

anxious to hear about if you find Patsy.

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Love this post! I hope you find her too!