Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Good Day

It was a beautiful day to have a good day.  It was good to feel like myself again. If I am learning anything from this struggle it is to take one day at a time.  So, I rejoice that this was a good day.  I did so many things that I haven't done in awhile.  Besides my daily morning walk, I got my hair cut.  There is nothing like a haircut to make you feel better.  Then I got a flat of flowers and planted them.  Everything went great with that until I unknowingly uncovered a red ant nest.  I don't know if you have ever had red ants crawl on you, but those tiny little critters sting.  They are so tiny they can crawl in your gloves and on you trowel ewwww!!!  I hosed them down and went in and washed my arms.  So I have one flower bed that is finished and looks oh, so pretty.
Something is eating my Basil; I think it might be cut worms so I will have to buy new ones and keep them in a pot.  

I also went to Target; I picked up a few things, but not too much.  I was quite proud of myself.  We have certainly saved money the last couple of weeks with me not feeling like shopping.  
I just made chicken packets for dinner and I can already smell the.  Along with the chicken, I put green beans, onion, and potatoes and seasoned them with a little salad dressing and sage and Rosemary from the herb garden. 
Thank you Lord for this beautiful day. 



3 comments:

Carol said...

so nice to read your post! Glad you are feeling better. What beautiful days these are.

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

I am so happy to read about your good day! Thank you Lord!!!
Hope today is even better-no ants!

Kathy said...

:)) !! Something is eating my basil too! (got my haircut today!)