Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Don't Let the Bedbugs Bite........

Caution: This blog is not for the weak or squeamish.
That little saying took on a whole different meaning Sunday when we found there were bedbugs in the bed I had been camping out in when the snorer gets going.  We waited all afternoon to find out why the housekeepers didn't finish cleaning our room.  And then we found out....Eeek as the bites keep showing up on my body. We found out we had to move to a hotel while they got rid of them
Then yesterday we found out they had to wash all our clothes in hot water twice and dry them twice. WE did not know we had to have our clothes washed and we already had them packed to move to the Hotel.   They set us up in a Holiday Inn because they had no other units open at their place.  Hopefully we can go back Wednesday night or Thursday morning.  Meanwhile they keep handing us plastic bags of clothes which are all over the car in the back seat. Imagine carrying plastic bags into the Holiday Inn.  I had to buy a pair of longer pants at Beall's Outlet so I bought a big cute beach bag to put what stuff I had in it.  
Bedbugs can happen anywhere and we were taught how to look for them in hotel rooms under the mattresses.   
Needless to say I was upset and washing some of my new clothes or old clothes for that matter in hot water may mean I will never wear them because they will shrink. The bites keep showing up in different places on my body which creeps me out.  
It's too bad this had to happen on our last week, but hey things happen.  We are welcome to use the pool and sit in the sun back at our condo, but alas it is raining now so we are going to stay put for awhile at the Holiday Inn.  I feel like a displaced person and home is starting to look good.  We leave Saturday morning.   

1 comment:

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Oh my WORD! Cross that off your list as something you never want to do again!!! It's SO creepy too. I got bitten at a hotel in Key West, a nice hotel too!
I am glad they are taking care of it. Homeless in Tampa, kind of has a ring to it!