Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A Mile In My Shoes

                                 
...or two miles.  There is nothing like walking on the beach.  Every day Don and I would walk a mile to the pier and a mile back, picking up interesting shells on the way-having long talks or just being silent and listening to the waves.  We solved a lot of life's problems as we walked which you always do with a friend when walking together.  
Now, since we are at the Holiday Inn and it was a rainy, windy cold day yesterday there was no walk on the beach.  So, last night we walked up and down the stairs and down the hallways of the hotel's five floors and we ended up in the fitness center and Don walked on the treadmill and I rode the bike.  Wow, the bike was harder than I remember.  I need to practice up at the Rec Center when I get home.  
We got some more clothes late yesterday afternoon and we will get the rest today.  We feel like we are living out of our car right now with bags of unrelated clothes in each bag.  I must say they are all folded really nice and the gal that is doing them is so nice.  I don't envy her at all and I have thanked her many times as well as apologizing for the hissy fit I had when I found out they all had to be washed.  
I got a couple of new bumps yesterday; hopefully that is the end of the new ones.  I am thankful they don't itch too much.  I have found much to be thankful for these last two days and today I have promised myself I won't complain today about our situation.  We might go back to Dunedin and Honeymoon Island.  Today is another day with higher than normal northwest winds, but the sun is out and the high is supposed to be 72.