Tuesday, June 5, 2018

The Day

 I won't say I didn't cry, because I have several times today, especially when these pictures showed up on Facebook just after he was going to leave at 12:00 noon central time today.  I wonder how Kristen feels letting her first child leave after taking care of him for 18 years.  I think every mother grieves when letting a child go.

And of course I always think of my sister in this situation who can't see either of her boys. I'm not immune to that pain either because I have seen how it has hurt her.     

And here is the emotional grammy, who can't quite believe he actually left.  We won't be seeing him until after Christmas unless we go to Arizona where he does his intel training.  He goes there after his basic training in August.  I can write him while he is in basic training, and you can be sure I will.  He's planning to come to Florida in February or March when we are down there. 

I wonder, even though he chose this and is excited about it, does he really know if he is going to like it.  I guess he will find out soon!  He has strength of character and body that will help him through.  And I wrote in his journal "Be strong in the Lord and in the power of his might."  

And I am so proud of him and thankful that he is serving our country.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what great photos. Jan K.