Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Way Back When-sday

I found this picture among some pictures that have been sent to my dad.  I took a lot of the pictures home that I and others have sent him and put them in an album for Father's Day.  
This is a picture of me and my sisters in Gatlinburg.  My mom wanted the whole family to go for their anniversary and we loved our time together so much that we kept up the tradition for several years.  Our kids have fond memories of being together and so do we.
What is so funny about this picture is what my mom wrote on the back of it before she sent it to my sister Magnolia at some point several years back.  It said, "The skinny minis(alias Russell girls) many moons (or pounds) ago!"  Then she added "The pot is calling the kettle black." Ah yes, we had all put on some poundage.  
It's fun to look back and see old pictures of yourself.  I know I had many "looks" and always wore clothes and glasses that were "in" or so I thought...ha ha.
I am still working on my memoirs and have been putting my baby pictures in an album.  This is one picture I will cherish because I have such happy memories of our time in Gatlinburg.

                             
Forty no more,  Me, and Magnolia

3 comments:

Kathy said...

that is so funny. How did the pic end up with you? Funny what mom wrote on back!

Unknown said...

Mom sent it to Jan and she sent it to dad.

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Love stories like this and the memories they recall!