Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A Million Things

Well...not quite a million, but we have been very busy here in our corner of the mitten.  Lots of plantings of beautiful flowers and pots and weeding and watering.  It has been fun and things are looking up except for some bugs on my herbs and the occasional plant that doesn't quite make it.  
Chicago kids came for the weekend and all the others came on Saturday to celebrate Ry-Guy's birthday and Riles who will be nine next Monday.  Big News:  Ry-Guy is now taller than me.  I dreaded the day but it has come.  Five weeks ago when we were in Chicago he was inching his way up and now he has gone up and beyond.  He thought it was pretty cool, I felt a little sad as our babies are all grown up; even the little ones.  Now they can't wait until they are taller than me. 
The cousins had fun with each other on Saturday and it was nice to see them all together.  Even Joy Boy seemed older as he played with cousin "Ameils" as we call her for short.  Ry Guy and Cavman are very nice to Joy Boy and play with him and he loves it.
Meg and Riles are inseparable and are in another world-that of make believe.  Maddie Moo and Ameils love to be around all the cousins.  Pizza was in order for Saturday and birthday "brownies" and ice cream. 
 It was a busy weekend with Kristen and kids leaving yesterday morning.  Then the quiet was deafening, so to speak.  I took it easy all day-did some journaling and scrapbooking and started a couple of games of "words with friends" on my iPAD.  Fun, Fun, but I need lots of practice.  I have wanted to play it for some time, but needed someone to show me how to get started.  That someone was Kristen and now I am in a game with her too.
I must download some pictures and keep blogging.  

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Is Ryan getting taller or are you shrinking? :)

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

You have been a busy kitty, glad your summer is off to a good start!