Sunday, October 14, 2012

So.........

long time, no write.  It usually means I am not feeling up to par again; which.....is true. So I'm not going to bore you with the gory details and just say the stomach pain is back and I am taking measures to try to get it better again.  It makes for a rather erratic life-style.  Actually, I have to go just one day at a time which might be the message I am supposed to get from all of this. 
Right now, I am looking out the window at the sun; it just rained buckets.  I heard the chef groan down in his man-cave watching the Tigers game. I am not a baseball fan.   Actually, he isn't the chef tonight-I am.  I made chicken packets; which is easy with a no-mess clean-up. If I don't watch the game with him, the least I could do is make dinner.  
We've had a real relaxing weekend. I brought home the first season of "West Wing" from the library and we actually watched several episodes during the day yesterday which we NEVER do (I mean watch TV in the day). I have always wanted to watch "West Wing" but could never get into it because I didn't watch it from the beginning. It is really good. 
We went for a walk this morning and then watched the leaves fall while in the hot tub.  Things are looking kind of bare out there.  
I finished reading "Killing Lincoln" by Bill O'Reilly today.  It was so good.  I read "Killing Kennedy" last week.  I must say these two books meet the expectations of being number one on the best seller list.  They read like a novel and are very hard to put down.
Hoping for some energy and good feelings tomorrow so I can get some house-hold duties done.  I don't even have my Halloween stuff out.  It's not looking good for the Christmas decorations, but let"s not go there yet.  
Hoping to be back again tomorrow....

3 comments:

Karin said...

So nice to be able to take some time to relax and read! Glad you have lots of options for reading! We don't ever decorate for Halloween, but I've got a few fall decorations out. Have really scaled back on all the decor - our place is too tiny! But we're happy! God bless!

Kathy said...

Let's not even "go there" with the Christmas decorations yet.

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

I was hoping to see you yesterday!
As Dory from Finding Nemo says, "just keep swimming".
I have heard (from Barb) that West Wing is very good.
Praying for you to have more good days than hard, love you, kel.